It is very likely that probably your mother, grandmother or anyone in your family probably has a stand mixer and you may be wondering if you should also get on for yourself, but the price point of these mixers maybe throwing you off thinking if it is worth spending a decent amount of money on a mixer that promises to be professional and comes in a variety of attractive colors and models.
- In conclusion, a stand mixer will be definitely worth it for you if you have dedicated place in the kitchen, have the budget to buy a reliable stand mixer (a big deciding factor!) , plan to be a regular user of the stand mixer and if you are looking for a kitchen friendly appliance with will last you a great length of time.
- Are you planning to make great taco meat by shredding chicken or beef or any other kind of meat? Go ahead and get it!
- Do you want to make some great apple sauce right in your own kitchen? You definitely need to get a Stand Mixer.
- Do you find it hard to grate mozzarella cheese with hand? A Stand Mixer will get this job done for you in no time with little to no effort and you can have freshly grated mozzarella cheese.
- Do you like freshly made zucchini noodles? Your Stand Mixer will give you freshly cut zucchini noodles in seconds with a five blade spiralizer attachment.
- Are you a fan of eating pasta? Look no further, your Stand Mixer can make pasta without hassle with the pasta roller and cutter set.
- Do you enjoy home-made ice cream? You can easily make ice cream with the ice cream maker attachment for your Stand Mixer.
Not Worth it
A stand mixer will not be worth if for you, if you will be an occasional user and plan to use it 3 or 4 times a year and if you kitchen size is not willing to accommodate a heavy appliance. It may also not be the best choice to purchase a stand mixer if you do not have a budget for it since the strong and sturdy ones come with a hefty price tag.
How To Decide If A Stand Mixer Is Worth It?
For answering this question if a stand mixer is worth it, we will look at the KitchenAid brand of mixers and help you figure if you should invest in a stand mixer for your daily kitchen needs. When someone says KitchenAid, the first thing that comes to people’s mind is that it is a reputable brand with appliances having prices comparable to products in the professional niche. The KitchenAid brand of stand mixers are indeed attractive and come in various colors and finishes but that is not it; they are indeed capable of professional stand mixer functions which in turn help you to produce restaurant grade food products.
When you ask yourself this question whether a stand mixer is worth it, you must figure out if you are going to be a frequent user or are you someone who uses it once or twice during the fall season. It may not make a lot of sense to buy a stand mixer if you are a very occasional user, but they are definitely a game changer in the kitchen if you use them regularly.
Stand mixers are great appliances, and they command they own little territory in your kitchen since they tend to be bulky. They tend to be heavy and strong because a good quality stand mixer must be durable and able to handle large loads for long durations; for example, when you need to keep the stand mixer on for around 15 minutes when making marshmallows. Its best to keep them at one place at all times, since they tend to be heavier as compared to most of your other kitchen items. On the other hand, if you have enough room in your kitchen, and plan to store it way above in one of your top shelves or way below the counter where is it hard to reach and pull it out. Hence, if you don’t have a dedicated area in your kitchen for keeping a stand mixer, it may not be worth it for you. However, stand mixers add a lot of value to your kitchen by giving you the ability to cook great quality breads, cookies and even marshmallows; it is great to have one of these in the kitchen if you can find a great spot to store them. KitchenAid stand mixers give you the confidence of owning a reliable stand mixer which don’t overheat during prolonged uses and last for a very long time. You would be surprised to know that some proud KitchenAid owners have had their stand mixers for decades and they are still in a very decent running condition.
Stand mixers add value to your kitchen by giving you the ability to grind your own meat, slice vegetables, knead dough or even whisk eggs very efficiently. Some of us folks may not prefer to use a stand mixer as often as others do, since you may even own a bread maker; but there are countless other things you can do with a stand mixer other than making bread dough.